Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is the best place to purchase a home in Houston for resale value?
- The Inner Loop! Typically the Inner Loop properties are trending higher in value year over year. In the face of slowing markets, the prices continue to climb while inventory stays low.
- How much is my home worth?
- Let our professionals do a comparative market analysis to determine the value of your home at any specific time.
- How important are professional photos?
- Success is in the details! Pictures and videos can provide a great deal of details about your home and provide a powerful first impression.
- What in the most important factor to consider when selling a home?
- WHERE are you going to call home next! This is so important in a high demand housing market because you have to have one foot in the door while having the other out.
- What is the market like in my area?
- Let our agents study your market area and discuss the details with you.
- Is now a good time to buy or sell?
- Right now, it's a great time to sell! However, the economy, inventory, areas and price point will drive the best time for buying and selling. These can all change quickly and go in opposite directions. A strong economy equates to a lot of purchasing and low inventory equates to a great time to sell if properties are not sitting on the market for too long. Central areas such as the inner loop and houses in a higher price point are less likely to see a slump in sales during a volatile economy. Homes in the suburbs that are in the median price point may be more affected by economic conditions and high inventory.
- What's the sense of the Houston real estate market?
- The market is very stable and predictable. New residents continue to move to Houston at a high rate. The leasing market is slightly over built so it is highly competitive. The home market can vary depending on the price range, but each area has been very stable and predictable in each sector.
- What can the company can do for me?
- Our company represents your best interest during a very important and emotional transaction. There are many moving parts that we keep in check so you, the client, can enjoy your new home without worry.
- How does the company operate to help me find property?
- Because unreasonable expectations are so common, Nan and Company Properties understands the client and helps recognize what exists in the market."
- How long does it take to close a house?
- The average time to close on a home is 30 days. While some transcations can be slightly faster or longer, it depends on the circumstances and the complexity of the transaction.
- Does a seller need to be home during showings?
- Not necessarily. It depends on the specific showing instructions that are set for homes in the listing instructions.
- What do I owe you if you help me make an offer on a property and they don't except the offer or we can't come to an agreed price?
- The services to the buyer are free! When a real estate agent represents you in purchasing a property, he or she earns a commission from the seller only if there is an executed contract.